Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson

We will never truly know if Michael Jackson was a creep or not. People can speculate until they're blue in the face, but I'd like to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Odd, mysterious--I agree that these are suitable adjectives of him.
An extraordinary entertainer and artist...definitely. I was so sad to hear about his death yesterday. I saw conflicting reports: one of his death, and one reporting his collapse and comatose state. I don't wish comas on anyone, but I was pulling for that report to be more true than that of his death. It was sad ot me that he spent the first part of his life with great fame and fortune. The latter part of his life was clouded with creepy undertones, personal attacks, health problems, and introverted hermit behaviors. He still remained famous, but much had changed.
When I was six, my dad took me to the Thriller concert at the Astrodome. I remember parts of the concert pretty well. He was all the rage, and his theatrical choreography and music just pushed the limits of popular music. I can imagine a little girl with blond pigtails dancing around the house singing Thriller and Beat It.
I'm not really a fan anymore, but when his songs blip onto the radio pretty rarely, I sing along. It's just sad to know he is gone.
It is just really sad.

No comments: