Monday, June 8, 2009

50 Questions that I Stole from Leslie

50 Questions
1.What color is your toothbrush?Hmm. We have about a dozen of them on the counter…seriously. Nick is doing his own consumer product testing. We have two electric toothbrushes, about eight different manual toothbrushes, and two or three others that we use to clean our ortho trays. The boys’ bathroom counter displays two electric ones with suction cup bottoms (those are great), a manual dolphin one, Tigger one, Cars ones, and another one that has a little footed stand. Some of us have a little OCD about toothbrushes, but I guess that is going to be our life from now on.
2. Name one person who made you smile today:My boys: all of them!
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?I was cleaning up the house, trying to get it back to its pre-party state.
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?Stilll cleaning up.
5. What is your favorite candy bar?I like PayDays. I think those are the ones with peanuts and yummy insides, but maybe it’s something else. I’m not too much of a candy person, but I DO have other weaknesses.
6. Have you ever been to a strip club?Nope.
7. What is the last thing you said aloud?Nathan, can you get Michael’s “D” out of his bed? He can’t reach it. I think that darn dinosaur jumps back into that crib all the time just so Michael can’t reach it.
8. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?Pumpkin ice cream at Thanksgiving time.
Blue Bell must have changed their mint chocolate chip. It used to be better.
I’ll have sweet cream with Reese’s peanut butter cups about once a year too.
9. What was the last thing you had to drink?I had pomegranate lemonade last night with dinner. Water this morning.
10. Do you like your wallet?Yes, it’s green. I have too many cards in it, though. It needs to be cleaned out.
11. What was the last thing you ate?Cheerios Crunch.
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?No, but I would love to go shopping. Nick seems to NOT share that feeling. He needs some clothes for the trip, though. Again, he begs to differ.
13. The last sporting event you watched?I’m waiting for football season. Go TECH!
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn?I don’t like popcorn unless it comes in Harry and David’s moose munch. Wicked stuff. I stay away from it unless I’m at the outlets.
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to?My name is April Cobb and I don’t know how to text. I don’t really want to know how. I have enough things that keep me busy.
16. Ever go camping?I prefer to camp inside a hotel room.
17. Do you take vitamins daily?No.
18. Do you go to church every Sunday?No. I cannot remember when I went to church when it wasn’t a wedding or something.
19. Do you have a tan?No.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza?I like good Chinese food and I like good pizza. Nick likes all kinds of stuff on his pizza and I like mine pretty plain. I like Moo Shoo pork without onions and mushrooms. Basically just the pork and a few sprouts, egg, and sauce. They always look at me funny and Nick usually sighs in disgust.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw?I don’t really like sodas.
22. What did your last text message say?See #15. I get texts from the cell phone people every once in a while about upgrades or something. I don’t even know how to retrieve them. Again, Nick sighs in disgust.
23. What are you doing tomorrow?Hmmm, spending the day with Nathan. Michael goes to his school on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
24. No question 24.Do I make up my own? Yes, I did have a Speak-n-Spell when I was growing up.—ME TOO!
25. Look to your left, what do you see?One of the front windows to the house. The shade is down because workers are building the house across the street.
26. What color is your watch?No watch. I use my cell phone for the time.
27. What do you think of when you hear Australia?I’d love to see the Sydney Opera House, but what a crazy long flight that would be.
28. What are you listening to right now?The house is quiet and the dishwasher hums quietly. Aaaah.
29. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?We go into Chick fil A so the boys can play until they crash! It’s has the only somewhat clean playground and decent food.
30. What is your favorite number?I don’t really have a favorite number, but I think it’s super cool when I find patterns or meanings within numbers. Such as, when Nick had his birthday in 2002, his birthday was 02-20-2002. For our college graduation, we went to Ruidoso with both sets of our parents. Our hotel room was 612 (our anniversary is 06-12), my parents had 613 (there anniversary is 06-13), and Nick’s folks had 614 (you guessed it, their anniversary is 06-14). I like that my boys both have the same number of letters in their names. Nathan and Barbara celebrated their birthdays on June 6. On the 6th of June, Nathan turned 6, and Barbara turned 6-2 (sounds like six, too when you say it). I’m weird with numbers.
31. Who's the last person you talked to on the phone?Nick. He sounded like a kid in a candy store when he called out of the blue from school this morning. He had just placed his first dental implant into a synthetic jaw. YUM! He was so cute and excited about it, though.
32. Any plans today?Oh, Leslie I wish you could take Nathan to “UP”. He wants to see it. I think we’ll hang out around the house today. We hiked in the Sam Houston forest yesterday. It was fun, but I sure wish I could KNOW FOR SURE that we wouldn’t see bobcats along the trail before we started. I like hiking. HOWEVER, I don’t like to have to think about what I would do if I saw something with claws or fangs along the way.
33. How many states have you lived in?Texas, Texas, Texas. El Paso, Houston, Lubbock, and back to Houston. Hopefully staying in Houston, but that will take some convincing and LOTS of money to afford a nicer house.
34. Biggest annoyance right now?It’s summer, I am a teacher, and I have no complaints.
35. Last song listened to?Michael trying to sing “Deep in the Heart of Texas”…it’s precious.
36.Can you say the alphabet backwards? very slowly, I guess.
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house?I tease that she keeps leaving the country. We used to have Eulean, bless her heart. She would not move from Lubbock to Houston. I miss her like crazy.
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?Clarks sandals.
39. Are you jealous of anyone?those whose spouses just graduated from dental school without any loans to repay.
40. Is anyone jealous of you?Ooh, that’s a weird question. I hope no one is jealous of me, but if they are, hopefully it is because I love the life I have been given and the life I have helped to create.
41. Do you love anyone?My heart belongs to my family.
42. Do any of your friends have children?Yes, but I look forward to having more children in the family.
43. What do you usually do during the day?During the school year it is nothing but hustle and bustle. Early mornings to late nights, schedules, cleaning, cooking, readying two youngens for school, for bed, etc. During the summer, although there are things to be done and some things scheduled, we are much more relaxed. You can eve n feel the absence of tension in the house.
44. Do you hate anyone?Yes, but thankfully it is no one close to me. I am very fortunate.
45. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?Probably.
46. What color is your car?Black.
47. Do you like cats?I like cats, but I can’t be around them.
48. Are you thinking about someone right now?
I’m thinking about how Michael is starting to solicit my attention, with increasing volume.
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags?I’ve been to Astroworld, but it closed some time ago. We liked Sea World for the water and whales. I’m not really into rollercoasters, but I have a feeling that Michael will be!
50. How did you get your worst scar?My biggest scar is not a physical one.

No comments: