Sunday, May 15, 2011

One More Step Closer

Five days and counting to graduation, and 13.5 days remain in my career as a classroom teacher. My list of things to do is slowly getting ticked off. While I am anxious and excited to move forward, I still have stings of sadness about moving. I nearly cry when I go into my Starbucks and Ann, my Starbucks lady knows to start my *regular* whenever I come through the door. Ann won't be coming. My beloved El Rey won't be there for me. Looking out my classroom windows dang near makes me cry. I found out I've already been replaced. Ironically I went to high school (slightly different times, but I recall the name) with my replacement. I'm still trying to figure out how my position couldn't be funded, therefore I would've been terminated in a couple of weeks (I resigned after that inevitable piece of news), and now, low and behold, there's funding for a replacement. The more I try to understand the district, the more frustrated, hurt, disappointed, and betrayed I feel--by my own school.
The universe needs me elsewhere. Waco, in fact! I cannot wait to focus my energy and attention on my own children and my own husband. And me!!! On Friday, I'll be the one beaming with pride in the stands, cheering on my Nick. Inside, I'll be cheering on myself too. It's been quite a ride.

No comments: