Saturday, May 7, 2011

Adventures in Waco...Prologue Part 2

We just got back from spending several days (unpaid leave) in Waco househunting. Househunting with children brings a whole new element of fun to the experience. I must say that they maintained pretty good composure throughout the torture session...I mean house tours.
Michael was enthralled with OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF. One house, our favorite, had an amazing collection of antiques and other cool *stuff.* He tried. I could actually see the little angel and devil on his shoulders and him contemplating whose advice he should take. Walk around and be a good boy...or CHECK OUT OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF. He was gentle (oh my gosh I am glad he was gentle) and it was an innocent curiosity, but I was on pins and needles whenever it would get really quiet.
Nathan seemed to have househunting induced nausea. That was fun. I felt so bad for the little guy, but this was such an important weekend to get some important things accomplished. No mention of nausea at all now that we're home. Could the child be stressed?

We househunted AND got more familiar with Nick's new practice. The three ladies who work in the office are just top notch. It will be a pleasure to get to know them. Thanks to them, I can now say that I know 6 people in Waco...4 from the practice, the dentist's lovely wife, and our realtor.

No comments: