Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break Day 2

This weekend has been rainy and cold. The sun is supposed to appear for the first time in days tomorrow. We've had such nice weather for months, it seems, and the rain is a welcome change for the yards are greening up and the flora is emerging from its winter slumber. But, it's Spring Break! My family loves to just BE at home. The boys twiddle about playing this and that, Nick and I twiddle about doing grown up versions of this and that, and it seems like we all just savor the time we have together at home. Now that the rain has forced us to do just that for a few days, it is time to break out and enjoy some sunshine.
We put in so many hours of working, studying, cooking, cleaning, sitting in traffic, bustling from there to here and back to there again. I am fortunate and relieved to have this Spring Break time where we are ALL at home. The dogs have company--perhaps being the landscape for hot-wheel car off-roading isn't their ideal doggie napping scenario, but they patiently put up with it. I think they like the attention when we're at home. Someone can scratch their heads, Sadie can have her dining experience at 2PM on the dot (internal dog feeding clock--so weird), and she has extra kitchen rug duty when I am at home. As in, she thinks she is the kitchen rug and gets under my feet at every possible chance.
I've managed to not consume myself with housework. It won't go anywhere, and most likely I will get to it at some point this week. For now, though, we've all been doing some well-deserved vegging out. All four of us may be doing different things around the house at once, perhaps even in opposite corners, but just knowing that we're all here together is such a warming feeling.

No comments: