Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Thoughts


11 Mother's Days ago...
I had a sad, mourning, empty place in my heart and wondered if I would ever celebrate my own real Mother's Day. 

10 Mother's Days ago...
I had a sadder, more mournful, more empty place in my heart.  I think we were also moving.

9 Mother's Days ago...
I held my very large belly and celebrated that I would be a real mother in a matter of days.

7 Mother's Days ago...
Nick and I decided over a dinner date that we would move from Lubbock to Houston and he would go to dental school.  How that would all play out remained a big giant question mark.

6 Mother's Days ago...
I held my belly again and felt totally grateful that I was being blessed again with another son.  Oh, and I think we were moving again, too.

5 Mother's Days ago...
Was the first Mother's Day where our family was complete.  

1 Mother's Day ago...
We moved again, and we began a totally new chapter in our family's life. 

Today, I am excited to say that we are NOT moving. 
I spent the morning with my boys.  We drove by the old house to check on it.  We went up and then down the street where Michael learned how to walk before all of the new houses went up.  Now it's a full street.  I had crepes with my boys for breakfast at Coco's before heading back to Waco.  As we munched on our breakfast I couldn't help but picture Nathan helping Michael toddle around the fountain...a regular occurrence on Sunday mornings some years back.  My heart is full.  I have two healthy, mischievous, smart, curious, loving sons.  There are so many ladies out there who are praying, hoping, dreaming to be blessed with a child.  I know that pain far too well.  I am so humbled and thankful that I am able to hold my children, to love them, and to watch them grow and learn and play.

No comments: