Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Half Way There




I had a little pondering moment that worked its way all the way through my system and nestled like a little burn in my heart.  I was thinking about Nathan turning 9 in a couple of weeks.  Then I was thinking about Nathan and Michael finishing up school.  Then I was thinking about how time goes by so quickly (a frequent ponder of mine).  Then I drifted to the idea that Nathan would be just about to turn 18 when he would graduate from high school.  Then I did the simple math, and realized HE IS HALF WAY THERE!  Oh dear butter on a biscuit!  I want to hold him and keep him from growing those wings and flying.  I bet it will be just as painful to think about in 9 years as it is right now.  In the meantime, I will just continue loving him, guiding him, listening to him, talking to him, and enjoying every minute.

No comments: