Thursday, August 18, 2011

Night Before the First Day of School 2011

'Tis the night before school starts and I'm just as sad as I can be. Could it be true that my baby is going to kindergarten tomorrow? Tomorrow? Tomorrow, five years ago, I was going to the first two days of MY school so I could then go home and have a baby...that same baby that will now be going to kindergarten. We had just moved into the Houston house. Nick was just about to apply to dental school. Nathan was only three--not fixing to go into the THIRD grade.
Look at us now. Dental school is a collection of memories (some pleasant, some pleasantly tucked away in the past). We've moved again (house #6) and settled into a completely new place. I've served my time as a working, frazzled mom and am settling into the infancy of housewifedom. I'm still waiting for the big "Ha! Just kidding!" on that one. Somewhere during those years, my baby grew into a KINDERGARTENER! I just can't believe it.
Both boys have new sets of uniforms. Haircuts today--check! They're going to look so nice. I better go unearth the lunch kits so I'm not scrambling around like a banshee in the morning.
I'm amazed that I get to attend the mothers' breakfast tomorrow at the school. I don't have to rush off to work. I didn't have to ask for time off to take them to the first day of school. I don't have to get docked 15 minutes in pay either.
There is THAT little bit of sweetness about tomorrow, but it will be tough to watch those little boys walk into their new school tomorrow. Pictures--coming soon!

No comments: