Thursday, August 11, 2011

Heavy Heart

I blogged over a year ago about a former student who had passed away. I hoped that was the first and only time I'd have to get such news. It tore me up. Today, unfortunately, I heard again that one of my kiddos from last year had lost his battle with congenital heart disease. I feel so fortunate to have been a very small part of this child's life. I am glad that his suffering is over. I'm glad that his parents took him out of school to homeschool the last part of the year so they could spend more time together. This is a moment when I feel I should've done more. I get caught up in my own life and don't give enough. Time, energy, a hospital visit, something. Those parents had to live through the death of their child. They had to endure years of watching him go through treatments, illnesses, surgeries, and countless scary moments. They made his moments on Earth really count. I am inspired by their care and devotion to that child and I am just so sorry for their loss.

No comments: