Monday, December 21, 2009

Big Boy Bed



I love that my Michael is growing and changing into a big boy. And, I hate it at the same time. Our house looks a little bit different than it did last month. We donated the high chair. We bought a full mattress. We converted Michael's crib into a full size big-boy bed. Gone is the crib. Well, some of the crib's skeletal remains are again tucked up in the attic. Today we packed up more baby clothes. They're up there too.
When we packed up all of these things when Nathan was growing up, it was sad for me. Yes, it was sad. But, there was more of a chance then that those things would eventually come out of their hibernation at some point than there is now. THAT is the sad part. Will I someday bring out these things again for a third go around? Or are they retiring for good? Why did my years with babies in the house go by so wickedly fast?
Right now, my sweet little boy is sleeping in a monster of a bed. I remember when his crib seemed huge compared to the itty bitty newborn swaddled inside.

No comments: