Monday, December 15, 2008

Michael Doesn't Like Dinner

My sweet, yet rugged little boy doesn't like our family dinners. He pitches bonafide, raging fits when we all sit down for a "family meal." The researchers say blah blah blah about how family meals are key to the cohesion of the family unit. I agree. There is nothing I enjoy more than just BEING with my Nick and the two youngsters while we feast on a lovingly prepared meal. We talk about the latest events in kindergarten, hear about Nick's latest test or practical, and--I am ashamed and embarrassed to say--watch Michael cringe and squawk and squeal...not in a nice way. He's extremely dramatic, will NOT, under ANY circumstances take a bite of food without the drama elevating to exponential levels. It makes me sad. I'm a good mom. I love my kids. I painstakingly cook for them. And all I get is a BIG FAT fit. Ugh.

No comments: