Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Two Sick-ish Kids and A Worn Out Momma

I stayed home today with Nathan (who puked yesterday) and Michael (who has been feverish, fussy, and claiming that his foot hurts for the last couple of days). We're thinking that something else hurts him, but he's only limited to communicate what he knows. He knows foot, and he is learning "hurt". I think it might be his throat or his sinuses which are nowhere near his foot, but I'm grabbing at things to make sense of. Most recently, it has changed from "foot hurts" to "mouth hurts," which makes more sense, but then he jams it shut with such force that I can't see anything that might be bothering him. This morning has consisted of him wanting things, then sooo NOT wanting them, playing with Nathan then decking him right on the head or something, wanting down and then sooo wanting to be held, but then wanting down again IMMEDIATELY. Ugh. All I want to do is nuzzle and cuddle and love on them when they're feeling badly, and he just wants to fuss. Nathan, I think, could've gone to school, but I felt it better to let whatever bug he had get out of his system completely. I'm glad he didn't have any recurring problems. He was spared some of the symptoms that his fellow kindergartners were sharing. But my baby...he just doesn't seem happy AT ALL today.
Let's keep our well sanitized fingers crossed that they'll be back to normal soon.

No comments: