Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall is Here!









I've managed to fill up my "staying at home" schedule pretty well lately. That's a good thing, as I found that sitting idly can be pretty lonely. The weather seems to have taken the final turn from being sweltering hot--90 degrees yesterday--to pleasantly windy and nippy. It is a welcome change.
I spent the morning on a kindergarten field trip with Michael and his class. It was marvelous. I didn't have to take off from work and we had a great time picking out a collection of all the little pumpkins that Michael and my other little traveling friend could carry to the check out.
Lately, I've escaped to San Marcos, had a visit from my cousin, visited the Waco zoo, begun my volunteer job at the hospital, gone on the field trip today, done various chores for the practice (mostly decorating--fun!), and have been preparing to go to Houston this weekend. I think I'll always look forward to going back for a dose of Houston. We have several family events this weekend, and hopefully Nick and I can escape for a date...for real Indian food or something special. This weekend will mark 16 years that we've spent together, counting back to when we started dating.

No comments: