Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I reported back to school yesterday. For the next many days we are jam-packed with meetings and trainings and updates of trainings. I'd much rather be working in my classroom or teaching.
Coming back to school, I am reminded of the scheduling craziness, testing lovefest, and the little blips of nonsense that seem to pop up here and there. I do love my job. I love the people I work for and work with, and the children who fill my days with eagerness, excitement, and...well, challenges! I got so much accomplished yesterday while working in my room, and I am anxious to get back to that. I am working my way back to getting up at 5AM. Yesterday it was 6:00, today it was 6:15; ok, so I am working away from the normal time, but I'll get there. Now, I must insert time for lunches, getting children readied, and gathering all of our paraphernalia that comes along with us. The first day last year (was it last year?), I got everything except Michael's shoes. And for the next week or two (0r two months) I'd forget something or another pretty often. Tomorrow we meet Nathan's teacher...that's exciting!

No comments: